[CentOS-docs] Diskless Clients

John jses27 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 21:00:00 UTC 2008

> Let me know if you've been able to discover anything. I'm guessing this
> is too much of a PITA to do on 5 until RHEL gets the tools corrected,
> especially whenever you can easily get it working with 4.6 without much
> effort.
>
> Regards,
> Max
Max,

I think the best solution for right now is to take off the CentOS 5. In
the mean time I'll be testing Cobbler out from the Testing repo this
week. Perhaps maybe a section could be written on the Wiki for using
cobbler and you could provide a link to it from yours. Example: Please
see this link here for CentOS 5 Diskless Installs. That is when cobbler
makes it to the extra repo. Any ideas on this?

In my opinion I can't provide an application to a client in real life
that requires more Hacks than the law allows. In reality they left it
out for a good reason. There's tons of changes between 4 and 5.

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079