[CentOS-docs] HOWTO: Asus EEE Box Network card

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 22:57:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 02:24:56PM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Karol <darknesslabs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello I would like to make a HOWTO: fix the realtek network card on the asus
> > eee box. Centos 5.2 detects it as r8186 but it doesn't work right out of the
> > box. Thanks to #centos and google I was able to get it to work.
>
> When writing that page, could you also check out this wiki article by
> Scott Robbins:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/WirelessAR5007EG
>
> which refers to (other nic) used in EeePC?

I thought I edited that page (although checking, I see that I didn't.)
The 5007EG is in the older ones but the newest generation is using the
card that Karol mentions--at least, the latest 900 series is using that
Realtek.  I'm going to edit the page in a minute to change the "eee pc"
to "some models of the eee pc."

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: I'm bad! It's just I can't bite anymore, thanks to you
wankers... Bye the bye, if you're trying to kill her...
(gives Riley two thumbs up)