[CentOS-docs] potential wiki article on encryption

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Wed Aug 27 12:44:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> There is a posting in the CentOS forum that can potentially make a
> good article regarding encryption (or supplement the existing page).
> Please take a look at #4 of:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=15923&forum=42
>
> The poster says, "I think that the contents of this document would
> make a good addition to the wiki, but I don't have the ability to
> submit such things and probably would not be a consistent enough
> contributer to get said rights."
>
> What do others think?  Is this something we should consider placing on
> the wiki?  If so, should we persuade this person to submit the
> writing?

I think we should answer his comment in public so people can learn they do
can contribute to the wiki and improve the project.

I feel sad if people think they cannot contribute, or that their
contribution would not be enough to get rights. In any case we should
clear up that confusion for everyone that reads the forum message in the
future.

And make it easier for people to contribute.

PS Today I added 2 small comments in the Pidgin FAQ to explain how people
can add environment variables to Windows XP, I just registered and edited
the FAQ because the FAQ did not specify *how* to set PIDGINLANG on
Windows. It was a 60sec job.