[CentOS-docs] Added BackupPC Guide

Max Hetrick maxhetrick at verizon.net
Thu Dec 18 18:55:55 UTC 2008

S.Tindall wrote:

> 1) Add the wiki reference, which contains clarification of many points
> not addressed sufficiently in the documentation.
>
> http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/

Done.

> 2) Also, a bug report contains corrective measures for the 64-bit
> installation.
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3175
>
> 3) Web interface documentation link issues are addressed in another bug
> report:
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3190

> 5) A section addressing backing up Macs would be very helpful (to me).
> The official documentation is very lacking in that area.

Do you have edit rights on the wiki? If so, feel free to add to or edit.
Adding a section on Windows and Macs isn't very CentOS specific, so I
doubt I'll be adding that, but if others want it, and have the ability
to edit, feel free to add to my work.

As I stated in the guide, it's primary content is for installing
configuring BackupPC on CentOS, and backing up across rsync to other
Linux servers.

Regards,
Max