[CentOS-docs] modern-CentOS-1.7-19

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:04:25 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 12:26 PM, Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 8:23 PM, Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > What do you think if we make wiki background a little darker ?, see
> > > the following screenshot:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-18.png
> >
> > I wouldn't vote for it, hard contrast changes makes it harder to read
> > and is causing a higher strain to the eye.
> > I like the discrete border that breaks the normal text on white
> > background with what is the border in the current design.
>
> Ditto, the only thing I would is maybe to try to darken the squares on
> the current design a bit, but to much. To much contrast hampers good
> reading. The point of the background is only to guide the eyes to stay
> where the text is (a.k.a. the indicate the borders where the text
> end).

I agree with this.  And if I may make a request, I'd like to see a bit
narrower borders.  It should still serve the purpose of indicating the
borders where the text ends.  With the way it is now, the background
(both sides combined) is taking up close to 20% of the total width.  I
remember one of the main reasons against having the side navigation
bar was that it would waste a lot of screen estate especially when the
page is long.  Right now, we are using space that would have been
enough to accommodate the navigation bar.

Akemi