[CentOS-docs] modern-CentOS-1.7-19

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:33:23 UTC 2008

On 1/7/08, Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 8:23 PM, Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > What do you think if we make wiki background a little darker ?, see
> > > the following screenshot:
> > >

> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-18.png
> >
> > I wouldn't vote for it, hard contrast changes makes it harder to read
> > and is causing a higher strain to the eye.
> > I like the discrete border that breaks the normal text on white
> > background with what is the border in the current design.
>
> Ditto, the only thing I would is maybe to try to darken the squares on
> the current design a bit, but to much. To much contrast hampers good
> reading. The point of the background is only to guide the eyes to stay
> where the text is (a.k.a. the indicate the borders where the text
> end).

yep ... And if we reduce the size of the squares a bit ? See:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-21.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-21-msgs.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-21.tar.gz

I would like to hear the community needs about the actual wiki design.
What do you think the actual design needs ? How do you think we can
improve it ?

I would like to see some impressions to improve what we have now.

Thanks for comments guys.

Cheers,
al.