[CentOS-docs] modern-CentOS-1.7-29

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 21:28:34 UTC 2008

On 1/15/08, Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> > On 1/14/08, Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Some thoughts:
> >>
> >> 1. Should the squares on the border have a different size compared to
> >> the "High contrast Message" or should it be the same size?
>
> http://www.ugg-lan.com/images/test2.png
>
> Here you can see that the squares has a different size on the border (1)
> and the background (2) or is it an optical illusion?

yes .. you are right, they are still not the same. I'll change that,
to see how it looks.

And ..I just noted something, the square color in the messages is
affected, it seems not to be the same, make something transparent
until you reach the tone you like, than set the exact color without
makes it transparent. Note that they are not totally over white tone.

> >> 2. Shouldn't there be squares in the background on the "Low contrast
> >> Message" also, or do they become invisible then?
>
> Nice and I like the new Medium choice, I hope thats a permanent one or
> was it just to visualize the "Light" version.

It will be there as an option ... if there is no one against that.

> >> 3. "High contrast Message", what about adding a lighter color "messages
> >> left border" as a mirroring of the "Low contrast Message" design?
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-3.png
>
> I did a cut and past to visualize what I mean, its a rude cut. I think
> you get the idea of what I mean with a "mirrored" design compared to the
> lighter backgrounds that has a discrete left border, so my thought was
> to have a light left border on the darker backgrounds. Im not shure if
> this is a good idea ;-)

Let's try it, and see how it looks :)

> http://www.ugg-lan.com/images/test.png
>
> > Hi Mats, your thoughts were included in 1.7-30. Could you check it
> > please, to make sure they were correctly interpreted.
>
> See comments above.
>

> And a new thought is to use the irregular square design from the top
> banner (3) to the background on the "message styles", that will give a
> more lively impression and less squarish... or what do you think?
>
> (3) http://wiki.centos.org/wiki/modern-CentOS/img/moin-header-background.png

I think that we can try it too :D. Note that, maybe it is not exactly
the same because the random way it was created.

Cheers,
al.