[CentOS-docs] Simple postfix/dovecot guide?

Ned Slider nedslider at f2s.com
Fri Jan 25 11:48:02 UTC 2008

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> Would the Wiki be interested in a very simple guide to setting up
>> postfix/dovecot?
>
> I haven't asked it, but I think it would, yes.

LOL, thanks :)

>> As always, I'd welcome input/comments from those more experienced!
>
> home_mailbox isn't only about mbox or maildir, but also the name of the
> directory/mailbox file relative to the users home.

Ah, yes indeed. Thanks for the clarification - that completely passed me
over when I set up my system.

Any thoughts on mbox vs maildir and pop vs imap. Is there accepted best
practice or is this something best left to the individual users
discretion after reading up for themselves on the individual merits of each?