[CentOS-docs] Re: Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Jul 21 13:17:54 UTC 2008

R P Herrold wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>
>> I would personally welcome such a Documentation (if it's maintained,
>> of course) as I agree with you if you are saying that there is no
>> howto available covering nearly all aspects of the RPM build process.
>
> I wonder what in the world, which is material, you think is ** not **
> covereed between the Ed Bailey, and the Eric Foster-Johnson, the GuruLabs
> resources (each down those links).
>
> I can (and did) rattle off the un-covered dark corners from years of
> being in the space. When prompted on a new area of material interest, I
> prepare a writeup, and link it in. And maintain it thereafter.

That's exactly what he wants to do, as that area is not really covered
on the wiki (yes, sure, the the stuff above has to be pointed to in that
article).

But other than you he does not want to put it somewhere and "link it
in", he wants to put it on the wiki so it can be found *there* if
someone skims through the link pages of the wiki (or does a search on
the wiki). I have no idea why people here think that that is the wrong
concept.

Ralph