[CentOS-docs] Opening of the Wiki - Part I

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 15:41:26 UTC 2008

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>>> Regarding this I don't know yet where that mail should be sent. Or do we
>>> still want to have people who want to contribute subscribe to this
>>> list?
>> Either here (centos-docs) or a dedicated Wiki editorial team ML? As this
>> list already exists, may as well just use it?
>
> But this would mean that we have to either open up this list for
> everyone, or take all of the people on the editorial team into the
> moderators team for this list (which I don't have any problem with), or
> require people to subscribe here.

I don't follow what you mean. Wouldn't someone simply subscribe to this
list and then send a mail stating they agree with the CC license etc,
and a member of the editorial team upon seeing that message adds them to
the Wiki editorial group and replies to the message to let the person
know they've been added.

I would think that anyone who wants to contribute to the Wiki should be
subscribed to this list anyway so IMHO it makes sense to use this list.