[CentOS-docs] Opening of the Wiki - Part I

John jses27 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:54:47 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-docs-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-docs-bounces at centos.org]
On Behalf Of Ned Slider
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:53 PM
To: Mail list for wiki articles
Subject: Re: [CentOS-docs] Opening of the Wiki - Part I

Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> b) Opening up the wiki

Not such a good idea...Hope you have a good spam filter in mind.

> Opening up the wiki completely does mean, that we will have to deal
> with spam

Maybe more than the CentOS Project is willing to handle. I do understand the
true "Wiki Nature", that it is to be open to all that want to participate in
it. (the general public)

> I'd like to have your opinion on both things - comments and the
> opening of the wiki - an if you want to be in that Editor team, you
> can also raise your hand now ...

I could commit time to it on the weekends, the same thing I said for the
HowTOs

>I would certainly agree to moderate pages I have created and/or currently
maintain, but I wouldn't want to
>commit myself to being a site wide moderator of content

Aggree..I would like for the Authors name and Co-Authored names to remain on
the article they have written.

JohnStanley