[CentOS-docs] Samba Docs

Spike Turner spiketurner09 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 12:29:50 UTC 2008

I posted this to the CentOS list and was advised to post here so here goes ...

I've looked at the CentOS docs-list as well as the Wiki as I was interested
in Samba.

On one CentOS box I've got 3.0.32 (the latest bug-fixed version from Samba.org)
and on another I've got 3.0.28 (the latest from upstream). The docs look almost
the same and the docs refer to security = share. However 3.0.32 comes with a
blank smb.conf making it harder to get a secure server up and running.

Is there a plan for a quick and dirty guide on the Wiki for setting up Samba
with secure settings as well as TDB rather than deprecated settings?

In tips and tricks there is http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/WindowsShares
Without writing a book as someone suggested, a few one-liners could be put
together in the wiki.

Spike