[CentOS-docs] Authorship and Attribution

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Fri Apr 17 00:31:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:21:16PM +0100, Ned Slider wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I would think it preferable that communications be openly
>> directed to this list rather than the original author/maintainer of a
>> given page, although I understand the instinct for a user to contact the
>> perceived author.
>
> So, what would you suggeest then?  A link at the beginning of the page,
> please send comments, corrections to <insert this, or possibly a
> slightly different, list's address>?

I don't think we can expect the original author to be around (or even
interested) at the time someone has some feedback. I would urge for a
comment system to allow annotations to our wiki (much like PHP's annotated
manual).

But I prefer to have some attribution too because I think it can help to
motivate some people to help with the documentation if they get some
recognition. But we should avoid having it there as contact info. A name
would be sufficient.