[CentOS-docs] Authorship and Attribution

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Apr 18 13:13:39 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 12:58 +0200, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> > In my opinion a policy like this described somewhere is a mistake. I
> > prefer we have macro(s) for this. And if the macro is missing, the wiki
> > provides a default.

I differentiate between a "policy" that implies strict enforcement, and
"guidelines" which are a bit softer but still provide some guidance.

> I won't welcome edit restrictions like that. We are currently focusing
> in opening up the wiki a bit, so this would be a step back in my pov.

Don't see why macros should be restrictive, especially if they are an
optional tool to help with guidelines, rather than a polity-enforcement
mechanism.  Not sure about the implementation implications of this kind
of approach, nor how it would play with existing pages.

> But back to the original topic.
>
> As I have mentioned in another thread a while ago, it should be easy
> to just add a 'Original Author' and 'Last Editor' notes so anyone who
> is willed to contribute could just get in contact with him/her. You
> can already read the page changelogs, of course.

Agree, but that is a lot of manual editing for existing pages, unless
somebody implements a default macro.

OK - now I REALLY gotta' go.  Forgot to add wife, dog, and boat to the
earlier Russ/Akemi-inspired weekend activity list. :-)

Phil