[CentOS-docs] Authorship and Attribution

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Apr 21 23:27:41 UTC 2009

On 04/17/2009 02:05 PM, Mats Karlsson wrote:
> So could we have two alternative text to cover the topic, who can edit
> an article?
>
> "Currently maintained by: name"
> Can only be edited by maintainer.
>
> "Currently maintained by: CentOS-docs mailing list"
> Can be edited by anyone on the mailinglist.

-1

this sort of a policy seems, to me, to be at complete loggerheads with
the direction we have been taking on the wiki and where we want to end
up at.

The point of focus being - open up the wiki for wider and more frequent
edits, and setup a focused, well targeted EditGroup to oversee the
content itself. Which would then mean that every and any page should be
editable with the least possible effort by anyone. Asking for a login
should be enough in most cases.