[CentOS-docs] New page on installing to software RAID

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Apr 28 10:18:24 UTC 2009

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SoftwareRAIDonCentOS5
>
> Comments and corrections please.

Well done on taking this up, you will find everyone has a different
opinion on this, but try and stay as close to the upstream docs as
possible. I'd even say this is a good article that can benefit from
screenshots from the installer.

Perhaps what we need is a complete section in the howto's page that
talks about storage devices and management of these ( need better phrase ).

Also, a _lot_ of content on this subject matter including mdraid/real
raid/lvm/iscsi is covered in the upstream docs, which are also published
at www.centos.org/docs/ so pointing to relevant sections in those docs
would be nice.

- KB