[CentOS-docs] [CentOS] Dangerous Software Raid instructions on Wiki

Thu Aug 13 15:06:54 UTC 2009

Max Hetrick wrote:

> I just had a problem with blaming the author of a document, (I didn't
> even write it) when the user did not read the document. If he doesn't
> speak or read English well, then that doesn't help that, nor does adding
> warnings help either if he can't read English well.

I did write it, and appreciate constructive criticism and the help from
Max and Russ on the disclaimers.  I added some additional warnings and
explanation about the device files, but left /dev/sda and /dev/sdb in
place as changing to /dev/sdX|Y looked very awkward to me.

I'm sorry if someone made a mess of a system following the procedure,
but it is not possible to prevent people from shooting themselves in the
foot if they fail to understand very basic commands whose effect is
self-evident to the vast majority of paid admins or other knowledgeable
Linux users.

Phil