[CentOS-docs] document proposal: TipsAndTricks/ApacheVHostDir

Ed Heron Ed at Heron-ent.com
Fri Aug 21 22:12:12 UTC 2009

From: "Brian Mathis", Friday, August 21, 2009 1:52 PM

>On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Ed Heron<Ed at heron-ent.com> wrote:
>> I've written a quick little article detailing how to create a vhost
>> directory under CentOS.

I always figured that the "CentOS way" to handle that was to put them
into the conf.d folder.  Is there an advantage to using this method?
One thing I can think of is that the conf.d is included in the middle
of the httpd.conf file, while this would be at the bottom.

  That is exactly my reasoning.  The config file, as distributed, has the
virtual host containers at the end of the file.  Using a separate vhost
directory maintains this.