[CentOS-docs] Broadcom's BCM4311-, BCM4312-, BCM4321-, and BCM4322-based hardware install manual

Milos Blazevic milos.blazevic at sbb.rs
Sun Dec 13 13:02:17 UTC 2009

Hello (again),

I saw I've been granted the rights to edit the page. Thanks Ralph! I'd
like to thank all for supporting me on this matter.
And yes Ralph, good point about sending from the address I registered
with,... never really thought about it.

In the next few days I'll be editing the wiki page so the manual will
become available and all critical input is welcome - we all want a
comprehenssive manual, don't we?
Also, I personally think we can't presume to bind this particular WLAN
card to a particular laptop model (in respect of the manual), and vice
versa. For instance, Inspiron 1525 I'm using usually comes with several
different flavors of WLAN cards - don't be surprised if you find it
working with iwl1395 driver because yes, they sometimes do come with
Intel wireless card.

As for the drivers RPM Fusion and that "no-vim-distro" repos :) provide,
this is the matter which the developers will certainly much better
explain, especially since ELrepo developers are engaged in this
discussion. Also, I myself was under the impression that Phil
(NedSlider) considered thoroughly the option of building and .rpm for
this driver.

Regards,
--
*Milos Blazevic*