[CentOS-docs] Getting rid of the How_Do_I_Become_a_CentOS_developer page

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Jan 3 22:51:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I removed the above page before, but I saw Russ added it again. Let me
explain why I think that page needs to die.

It offers little insight to how one can become a developer. What is a
CentOS developer ? That's the first confusing part. The page answers the
question with a: "show competence and things will happen"

We have a much better Contribute page that highlights ways to contribute
to the project. And it would be better to add all sorts of TODO lists
there (one for Artwork, one for Promo, etc...)

The mailinglist answers reflect the ideas at that time, but since we
cannot update mails from that archive I would not point to previous
answers on the mailinglist. (And the mailinglist links were also not
working, but that's less relevant)

It is much better to answer questions on the mailinglist by referencing
the Wiki, then doing the reverse...

The above page already caused some confusion in an interview about Fedora,
where it was used to show that CentOS has no roadmap. It breaks my heart
if content can be used in such a way and I only found out that the
author's opinion was solemly based on that wiki page.

 	http://howsoftwareis built.com/2008/12/21/interview-with-jeroen-van-meeuwen-fedora-project-vice-president-fedora-emea/

That was a reason for me to remove it, but what I should have done is
redirect it to the Contribute page instead.

So can we please get rid of it ?