[CentOS-docs] wiki page edit request HowTos/Disk_Optimization

Danny Rawlins monster.romster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:47:15 UTC 2009

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Danny Rawlins wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have gone thought he painful operation of registering just to edit
>> one page then I found out i have to also get on this mailing list to get
>> permission... Why can't the wiki page display that I have no permission
>> to edit? and also why can't edits be sent to a moderation queue for
>> approval?
>>

> Something like this is in the works. Problem with a completely open wiki
> ist, that we don't have enough people to monitor everything and delete
> spam in a timely fashion. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thats OK I was a little confused about it all until I read the
contribute page.

>> Anyways this is my request to edit
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Disk_Optimization page as it has a obvious
>> error.
>>

> Your Wiki account is DannyRawlins?

Ah I forgot to include that, and yes that's me thank you I go and edit
that page shortly. the 'Romster' alias is my IRC nickname (on freenode
of course) maybe I should of been more clear, sorry about that.
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph
>
> I sometimes think I spread myself to thin between projects but I like to pitch in where I can to help others, and I know what it's like to be under staffed.

Regards,
Danny Rawlins
<Romster>