[CentOS-docs] Installation of CentOS 5.3 on to Hp 2133

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Jul 20 11:58:50 UTC 2009

Harris O. wrote:
> In attachmet are xorg.conf file which works and its partly changed and
> step by step on this howto.
>
> Thnx for your time / help.

Nice. Do you want to include that into the Laptops section of our wiki?
I need to know what your user account is then.

>    Download:
>
>    dkms-ndiswrapper-1.54-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
>    dkms-0.31.04-0.1.fc2.dag.i386.rpm

Ummm.

>    http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/dag/redhat/el5/i386/dkms-ndiswrapper-1.54-1.el5.rf.i386.html
>    http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/dag/fedora/2/i386/dkms-0.31.04-0.1.fc2.dag.i386.html

Don't. Change this please - the better way to install is to activate the
rpmforge repository and install those via yum (so you don't accidentally
get packages for Fedora Core 2 on your system like in your case). See
<http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge>

> 9. Download Win .exe driver from:
>
>    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/HP2133#Wireless%20Networking
>
>    R174291.exe or
>
>    wget http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R174291.exe
>
>    Extract the .exe file with 7zip.

And p7zip also is available from rpmforge, so you could add a word about
installing that, too.

Cheers,

Ralph