[CentOS-docs] Proposal for standardized mugshots

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Mon Jun 1 21:14:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Marcus Moeller wrote:

>> At the moment I am doing this job for the first issues, once we have set
>> the course and we have a good team we can reorganize as we like. I plan to
>> do a weekly meeting (shouldn't be that long, just a brainstorm session)
>> with interested parties after each issues has been published, so we can
>> discuss future ideas and hand out work.
>
> Will the newsletter be published via email subscibtion or only on the wiki?

Well, currently the plan is to release it on the wiki. I have no easy way
of converting it to something that would email easily, but what we could
do is either send the link/summary to the centos-announce mailing list
and/or create a seperate centos-newsletter mailing list with the sole
purpose of inviting people to read the Newsletter on the wiki.

I know some people prefer to get an email about it, so I do think we
should allow people to subscribe.

(I discussed briefly with Ralph and we would set up a centos-newsletter
mailing list where we send a summary and a link to the newsletter so
people are reminded)

>> I gave you access to the Newsletter #0901 so you can take a peek, it is
>> almost finished. Normally we would ask from all contributors to finish up
>> on Sunday evening, but since it's a holiday here I gave myself some extra
>> freedom :-D (the first issue is definitely the hardest)
>
> Is there some room left for a 'In the press' section?

That section does indeed exist. I dubbed the section "CentOS in the
Spotlight" and I would take the stuff from MediaSighings and look what
Google Alert has send me the last 2 weeks (which was meager :-/).

If you are interested in owning that section, let me know. I was planning
to provide the links, but also comment a little bit on it (either
summarize or opinionate).

> Please also announce the meeting hour for the next newsletter.

No date has been set, it depends mostly on the participants to set a
workable schedule.