[CentOS-docs] Proposal for standardized mugshots

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:43:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 08:37 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, JohnS wrote:

> > Dag Can you send me an email address that will accept html only + one
> > for text.
>
> I don't know what you mean with this. dag at centos.org accepts both.

I just need an email address that will accecpt email in html and text formats
for testing the html and text newsletters. Example would be to send it to
host at centos.org so I can recieve it. Needs to be from the mail server
that will be sending the the letter.

Ok, why? I sent a test case scenario through Exchange Server earlier and
it ripped out the the html indexing ids and the heading colors. Although
besides that not to bad.

> > Also I just want to say I may be able to do mobile platforms also.
> > Windows CE and Up for sure.
>
> Can you elaborate ? Why wouldn't HTML work ?

It will BUT:

Windows Mobile Platforms work different with web apps than say for
instance Firefox on Linux or Windows. I can do them under .Net with a
emulater for those so they will display correctly. Which this could be
just an option to add on later. I say this option because there are
people that post and get mail from the regular list with mobile
platforms. How many I don't know.

> To be honest I don't want to make the process more complex. It is more
> important to me that we have a bi-weekly newsletter rather than get lost
> in the complexity of technology and fail to produce it :)

*AS* long as there is some type of project managment going on with it I
don't see a reason to get lost so to speak. There needs to be some type
of coordination for deadlines to be meet to get it out on time. Like a
place for people to update there status on it.

For instance: you get it posted into the wiki by every other Friday, we
can get it out by 12:00AM EST Sunday. The main thing here is
Communication Effort on the people involved. If someone can not do there
part they need to notify the members involved 24 hours in advance.

> So I am not going to look into it myself, if someone else wants to pursue
> this, be my guest.

If you are doing the Wiki Page then the only other thing that is needed
is how to send these out. ( i know email but how )? Need the specifics
here. Hmm other thing users would need to subscribe to get it???

JohnStanley