[CentOS-docs] VNC-Server HowTo

PJ Welsh pjwelsh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 03:20:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Phil Schaffner
<Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov>wrote:

> Gerald and P.J.,
>
> I just finished setting up VNC services following
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server
>
> and have a few comments.
>
> "2.3. Edit the server configuration"
>
> The last line should be corrected from
>
> VNCSERVERARGS[1]="-geometry 800x600"
> VNCSERVERARGS[3]="-geometry 800x600"
>

> "2.4. Create xstartup scripts"
>
> Comments about the rational for the "xstartup" changes would be helpful,
> including why one might or might not want to run the standard window
> manager through VNC.
>
> "2.5. Test each VNC user"
>
> At this point, if following the steps precicely, the vncserver service
> will be stopped.  Need to add:
>
> Start the VNC service:
>
> # service vncserver start
>
> At the end of section 2 I suggest adding a note to the effect of:
>
> For basic VNC configuration the procedure is now complete.  The
> following sections are optional refinements to enhance security and
> functionality.
>
> If you want, I'd be glad to make the changes with your approval.
>
> Phil

I have no issues with you making the suggested changes. I am glad for this
type of input to make the document easier to understand and remove any
issues.

Thank you for providing the corrections. I, and the rest of the community,
appreciate your input.

pjwelsh