[CentOS-docs] New page InstallFromUSBkey

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jun 19 12:22:12 UTC 2009

On 06/19/2009 11:54 AM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/ch02s04.html
>
> Okay, but that only uses the diskboot.img and then installs the rest
> over the network - that is where the wiki article differs, as it is
> using the isos, so no network connectivity is required.

right, you can just copy the isos to the usb key, and run a normal HDD
install process.

I am just saying we should / could cover that part as well - and/or add
some notes about that and point to the install guide. Iirc, the 5.3
install guide has more details.

speaking of which, *poke* Tim... 5.3 docs...

- KB