[CentOS-docs] Request for Wiki edit permission - booting into kickstart from all-in-one USB flash drive

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:14:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 09:48 +0700, hansbkk at gmail.com wrote:
>         From: Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov

> Do you like the idea of suggesting the LiveCD image rather than the
> net install? Lots of advantages and no disadvantages that I can think
> of. . .
---
hansbkk at gmail.com & Phil,,,

You two guys/gals there is a script available to do the Live CD to USB
Stick Install and also a GUI Application Frontend to it also.

That is if you two are interested in including that.

Phil, I do not have the script that I once had that automated the USB
partition and format. I think I could cobble something together though
that would maybe suffice. I have found that using the ISO to DVD
conversion script to not have corruption in any way like the regular
downloadable DVD. That is when it is transfered to a USB Stick.

John