[CentOS-docs] How to back up a running KVM guest

Julian Price centos.org at jul17pri.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 15:30:17 UTC 2009

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Julian Price wrote:
>
>> Hi Ralph
>>
>> Thanks for setting up the page.
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupKVMGuest
>> I have written a first draft and I will improve it over the coming days.
>> But is it going in the right direction?
>>

> I'm going to take a look at it later on.

I have asked for feedback on this article from the centos-virt list.
I've had some good feedback & suggestions and the whole approach appears
to hold water, which is encouraging.  I'll leave it a week or so to see
what else is said.

One problem I had - the internal Wiki links don't seem to work. Whatever
I do, the link to /HowTos/KVM is changed back to /KVM, even if I set it
as a url including http://.  How do I set an internal link?  Back up a
running VM? yes!  Make a link? No! :(

Thanks,
Julian