[CentOS-docs] KVM HowTo

Julian Price centos.org at jul17pri.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 15:35:51 UTC 2009

Scott Robbins wrote:

> As the original author of the KVM article, I'm quite happy with someone
> taking it over and updating it.  I fear that VirtualBox has become so
> covenient, I haven't used KVM in months and months, so can't really
> continue to properly maintain the article with changes that occur.
>
> Thank you Julian.

Thanks Scott.

I have updated the KVM HowTo...
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/KVM
...with the salient points from my forum post 'KVM with Windows 2008
guest - ACPI conflict'
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18692&forum=37

There was some interest in this article on the Tikanga (RHEL5) list
hosted by Red Hat:
"...there is a KVM guide for CentOS 5:..."
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv5-list/2008-September/msg00060.html

So I will post on that list enquiring when an RPM for a newer version of
KVM will be released by them, and citing the article as evidence of the
need, as suggested by John Summerfield in response to "[CentOS-devel]
Windows Server 2008 guest on KVM". One might wonder why it has not
already happened, given the great work on KVM, healthy competition
between KVM and Xen, the publicity around the relationship between Red
Hat and KVM...
http://www.redhat.com/promo/qumranet/
...and agreements between Red Hat and Microsoft....
http://www.redhat.com/promo/svvp/

But I will wait until my changes & comments have been reviewed and OK'd
before posting there.

Thanks,
Julian