[CentOS-docs] I'd like to contribute two wiki articles

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon May 4 10:35:07 UTC 2009

Lev Shamardin wrote:
> On 04/29/2009 10:55 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > Is that different from <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SoftwareRAIDonCentOS5>?
>
> There is one really HUGE difference. Using that guide you get a system with N
> regular raids (where N is the number of the partitions you create). This means
> that to rebuild a raid after failure you need to recreate N partitions on a
> spare disk, and rebuild N raid volumes.
>
> My guide describes how to install on a partitionable mdadm raid (with devices
> /dev/md_d0pX). To repair such system you need to repair only one raid volume,
> and you do not need to mess with partition table, etc.

Hmmm. I guess those are better done as two separate HowTos? Sorry for
the delay, we had a holiday over here and I was mostly away from the
computer over the weekend.

<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Install_On_Partitionable_RAID1> is all
yours to edit now.

Maybewe can merge the two documents somehow, but before thinking about
that, I need to know what is in the article :)

Ah yes, Hope you are fine with the Creative Commons license.

Cheers,

Ralph