[CentOS-docs] New Wiki Page

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Sat May 9 16:43:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, 9 May 2009, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Sat, 9 May 2009, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> No, you have to request that it is created for you and that you get
>> access. This is another sore point in the process, I would prefer if the
>> person granting access would automatically create the Homepage and grant
>> the correct access.
>
> Dag, as you know this is a manual process; patches to automate
> the process to do a collection of setups (page to edit, and
> conditionally if not present a HomePage, in one pass) are
> welcome.

I know it is a manual process, Russ. And if I had a patch I would not have
send the mail in the first place.

What I am saying is that instead of having the requestor _ask_ for the
Homepage, it would be better if it was created implicitely by the person
granting access the first time.

So instead of putting the burden on the new contributor to request, put
it as part of the default access-granting process.

This ofcourse until we have an automated process...