[CentOS-docs] Comments on draft TipsAndTricks/InstallWebminRepo page

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed May 13 14:45:11 UTC 2009

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> The best way to do that is probably to get the release version of the
> page linked in and announce it on the forum.

Sounds good.

> [Aside: Should there be some kind of release announcement system/list
> for Wiki articles and other documentation?]

A 'whats new' section in a block, on the right side of the home-page,
perhaps push the screenshot up, and put this box in under that ( is one
option )

>> 2) Have we considered building a webmin-release-*-.rpm and asking for
>> inclusion in the webmin repo directly ?
>
> Not a WebMin user so I won't jump on that one.  Good idea though, as it
> seems quite popular.

it is the 'recommended' way to get a .repo file onto a machine, it also
automagically creates an update patch for the repo configs themselves.

- KB