[CentOS-docs] wiki.centos.org logo behaviour

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Sat May 16 02:22:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>> I don't see anything compelling on the CentOS website frontpage that is
>> worth going to from the Wiki.
>
> How about the links to the mirror network, IRC Chat, Mailing Lists,
> Forums,  FAQ, and Commercial support all within 2 lines; Descriptions of
> all the major releases with links to downloads and release notes;
> sponsors; news; ...?

All of that is inside of the wiki. The FAQ in the wiki is *maintained* and
includes CentOS5 (unlike the website). The Commercial support does not
have any content, I am surprised you even mention it. The website
frontpage is one piece of trash: a lot of the blocks are not updated
(reference CentOS-4). It's more like one big advertising section.

So no, I do not see any compelling reasons to make the CentOS logo move to
that website now and have people loose track of where they are.

In fact I am ashamed of the current website as it is now, especially since
it it where most people end up when searching for CentOS :-/