[CentOS-docs] Spacewalk Client Tools from Stahnma

Patrice Guay patrice.guay at nanotechnologies.qc.ca
Tue Nov 3 13:49:03 UTC 2009

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Dear Patrice.
>
>> I updated to howto to avoid the use of the Stahnma repository. However,
>> the rhel-instnum package is not availablie in EPEL or the Spacewalk
>> official repository. Is this package still required in Spacewalk version
>> 0.6?
>
> Yes, you are still in need of rhel-instnum on a CentOS box.

After installing and configuring a Spacewalk server, I removed the
rhel-instnum package. The Spacewalk server seems to work correctly even
if this package is not present. Do you know what should break once the
rhel-instnum package is removed?

Maybe this question should be asked directly to the spacewalk list?

Regards,
--
Patrice