[CentOS-docs] Contributing Wiki article on tmpfs

Jasper Siepkes jasper at siepkes.nl
Wed Nov 4 21:19:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

First of all sorry for the long delay and thanks for the constructive
feedback.

I've made some additions to the Wiki article
( http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/TmpOnTmpfs ):

-Added the 'Practical details' section to explain how tmpfs, swap and
memory relate.
-Added a 'Pitfalls' section to warn people of an (IMHO) somewhat
misguided piece of advice in the official documentation and maybe some
other pitfalls when I think of them.

About ramdisks; I will add something later about how tmpfs relates to
other ramdisk implementations like cramfs and squashfs. But I haven't
done much with the former two so I will need to research those a bit
before I can write something down.

I'm not the best writer on this continent (Shakespeare beat me by half a
point, but I suspect foul play ;-) but I think I've made some steps in
the right direction with the article. Please let me know what you think
and where I should make some additional improvements.

Regards,

Jasper