[CentOS-docs] Contributing Wiki article on tmpfs

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+centosdocs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 21:47:57 UTC 2009

Looks good.  I appreciate the discussion on the priority of the RAM
space used and issues to think about as far as swap space size and
when it starts using disk.

One thing that concerns me in the tmpfs.txt file is this statement:
    If you oversize your tmpfs instances the machine will deadlock
    since the OOM handler will not be able to free that memory.
I assume that means you shouldn't allocate more to tmpfs than you have
physical memory, but I've also seen other sites suggesting to use
size=100% (vmware server tuning).  So far I think 100% would be fine,
just not 110%.  I'm not sure if you have any further insight into
that.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to address my comments.