[CentOS-docs] winki article contribution

Mr dave fernandes daveandtracy at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 19:01:48 UTC 2009

Dave Fernandes

I propose a much needed article on using cups from the command line.
This article, fully written and used by myself will automate the
process of adding printers to any desktop or server just by running a
script file.  It will teach you lpadmin, lpstat, how to setup and
install drivers for printers and how to automate the process.
I find
this useful on client sites (who love linux of course) to automate
installing printers.  I find the graphic tools way too time consuming.

Location is up to you.  Here is the article.

*** NOTE:
The
article does NOT include information on the cups.conf file for sharing
printers because I feel that's way too much information and loses the
focus of what I'm trying to do.