[CentOS-docs] Contribution to wiki: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Mon Sep 14 15:24:36 UTC 2009

Am Montag, den 14.09.2009, 16:15 +0200 schrieb Ralph Angenendt:
> On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 16:11 +0200, Martin Boel, Silverbullet wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I would like to contribute to the wiki.centos.org:
> > username: boel
>
> Hmmm. We really do prefer FirstnameLastname.
>
> > subject: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2
> > location: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Nagios
> > content: A security feature of centos 5.2 SELinux prevents the access
> > from the apache httpd server to the needed /var/nagios files. The error
> > manifests itself in the /var/log/messages as "SELinux is preventing the
> > tac.cgi from using potentially mislabeled files ./status.dat (var_t)". A
> > workaround is to execute the command: chcon -R httpd_sys_content_t
> > /var/nagios
>
> Is that still the case in 5.3?
>
> Ralph

And also does that solve all problems with nagios? What about plugin
execution or external command files? I rather think you should use the
contexts
 - system_u:object_r:nagios_log_t:s0
 - system_u:object_r:nagios_spool_t:s0
 - system_u:object_r:nagios_exec_t:s0
 - system_u:object_r:nrpe_etc_t:s0
 - system_u:object_r:httpd_nagios_script_exec_t:s0

Actually it would be propably up to me to set these correctly in the
rpmforge package....
Maybe some selinux guru can help me out?

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach