[CentOS-docs] Contribution to wiki: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2

Max Hetrick maxhetrick at verizon.net
Mon Sep 14 15:59:07 UTC 2009

Martin Boel, Silverbullet wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to contribute to the wiki.centos.org:
> username: boel
> subject: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2
> location: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Nagios
> content: A security feature of centos 5.2 SELinux prevents the access
> from the apache httpd server to the needed /var/nagios files. The error
> manifests itself in the /var/log/messages as "SELinux is preventing the
> tac.cgi from using potentially mislabeled files ./status.dat (var_t)". A
> workaround is to execute the command: chcon -R httpd_sys_content_t
> /var/nagios

When I wrote the Nagios guide, it was easier and recommended to just
turn SELinux off before going about installing and using Nagios. Seems
that the Nagios doc site has some information now in regards to SELinux,
but I never went back to visit that topic.

<http://wiki.nagios.org/index.php/Selinux>

Perhaps these can be incorporated into the guide if they are verified to
work?

Regards,
Max