[CentOS-docs] proposed nvidia wiki page

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 18:23:19 UTC 2009

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> lostson wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 23:39 -0400, JohnS wrote:
>>> [1] http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList/Nvidia_Graphics
>>>
>>> JohnStanley
>>>
>>  I was reading yours over today and yes they are very similar, hopefully
>> i can get edit permissions soon and we can get it all squared away.
>
> Might want to have a look at this forum post - did a pretty detailed
> procedure.
>
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=85280&topic_id=22003&forum=39#forumpost85280
>
> Phil

Do we need to decide what the official (or preferred) CentOS Way is for
this? Or do we just present all the options without prejudice?

There are (to my knowledge) the Nvidia binary installer, dkms driver
from rpmforge, kmdl package from ATrpms, and a kmod driver from elrepo.

I should probably declare a conflict of interests so I'll just ask the
question rather than providing opinion towards the answer :)