[CentOS-docs] Contribution to wiki: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Tue Sep 15 13:08:05 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, den 15.09.2009, 09:21 +0200 schrieb Martin Boel,
Silverbullet:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for you reply. I guess this should be fixed i the next nagios package or next centos version, but for now the public should
> be told about a workaround, that works with the current versions. There is quite a lot of work hours in this simple workaround,
> and some people may simply give up using this fantastic software.
>
> Please grant me access.
>
> Regards
> Martin Boel

Ok just as i thought, your "solution" kind of works until someone does:

# restorecon -v /usr/bin/nagios
restorecon reset /usr/bin/nagios context
system_u:object_r:file_t:s0->system_u:object_r:nagios_exec_t:s0

# /etc/init.d/nagios restart
Running configuration check... CONFIG ERROR!  Restart aborted.  Check
your Nagios configuration.

This context is set somewhere in centos-provided selinux configs. Not by
me!

# grep -r nagios /etc/selinux/*

Gives a really long list affecting logfiles and plugins. So you solution
is not really failsafe.

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach