[CentOS-docs] Contribution to wiki: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Fri Sep 18 07:40:08 UTC 2009

Hi again,

> It is perfectly reasonable that I argue to strive to make
> fewer forks and less content in the CentOS wiki under that
> rubric, as success means the future's primary source doco is
> better for _all_ FOSS approaches

I think it's not that easy to handle. Let's take a look at another
example: amavisd-new

The original author of the application does not offer a platform for docs.

There is a very good how to available on our wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd

explaining how to deal with this program. It covers a lot of
configuration aspects that are not CentOS specific.

Should this one be removed from the wiki, even if it helps a lot of
ppl out there configuring the related components correctly?

As mentioned before:

> Besides that I think that docs that are not available somewhere else
> in any form could as well be published on the CentOS wiki. This would
> even make more sense if they are centos-specific.

Best Regards
Marcus