[CentOS-docs] Status Update: WebsiteVer2

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Tue Sep 22 13:55:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,

as most of you may have noticed, Alain and I am working towards the
new web environment setup.

Therefore we have already created a new wiki category where we are
trying to outline our vision of a CentOS 'Web Style' and how it could
be applied to the applications we are using (or planning to use).

http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/WebEnvironment

To make this happen some HTTP modifications need to be applied as
described here:

http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/WebEnvironment/Apache

letting us use a common css file containing generic declarations only,
and specific style files for the applications.

Please note that the style used within the customization we provide is
not yet final. To give an example of how the upcoming websites might
look like, I have uploaded some screenshots to the Draft page:

http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/WebEnvironment/Draft

based on the 'Style Guide'. Expect some 'code' for testing at the end
of this month or in the first days of October.

Concerning the forums, we have successfully set up an LDAP bind with
phpBB and written a script that let's us import the existing data from
the XOOPS site:

http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums/newbb_to_phpbb

We are still in need of a LDAP management platform and I was wondering
if we could use 389/CentOS Directory Server for that.

If you are involved in web design or web application setup or a LDAP
guru we are really interested in your help and suggestions on how to
proceed.

Best Regards
Marcus