[CentOS-docs] doco bug as to http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:54:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
> and AJB kernel-2.6.35-3.bcat.src.rpm
>
> [I see AlanBartlett as the last editor on that page]
>
> I have installed the given ajb source rpm
> kernel-2.6.35-3.bcat.src.rpm, and verified that it is intact:

The wiki article:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

was written for _CentOS_ kernels as stated on the page:

" This tutorial will cover the building of a kernel from the CentOS
sources with your own options or modifications. It is written
primarily for CentOS-5. "

The bcat kernel is a mainline kernel. It was _built_ to run under
CentOS.  So, the contents of the CentOS wiki would not apply.  In
fact, the upcoming CentOS-6 kernel would require a new section (rather
than modifying the existing one) because the tutorial will be
different in many places.

Akemi

Akemi