[CentOS-docs] page for translators

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Sat Feb 13 17:05:19 UTC 2010

On 13 February 2010 16:04, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 02/13/2010 02:33 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>> I know that the "rot" of wiki pages is a particular concern to Russ
>> and I have to agree with him. Without adequate commitment by the
>
> I dont think this has anything to do specifically with the translators -

If a person comes along, having raised { her | his } hand to say that
{ she | he } will translate (pages of) the wiki into one of the many
other languages of this world and does so, then good.

If the original English pages move on but the translated pages do not,
without a notice to say that the English version should be consulted,
then bad.

So yes, it does have something to do with the *proposed* advice to be
offered to potential translators. Translators should, IMO, be asked if
they would be able to maintain synchronism with the English pages.

Without wishing to labour the point, Timothy Lee provides a shining
example of what all potential translators should strive to emulate.

Alan.