[CentOS-docs] Ambiguity on a CentOS dot Org Web Page.

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Fri Feb 19 16:20:26 UTC 2010

On 19 February 2010 16:01, Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:

>> Whilst wearing you C-devel hat, will you please have a look at a
>> recent forum thread [1] that has highlighted the ambiguity on the
>> CentOS Product Specification web page [2]. I'm asking this here, as I
>> guess that page really does come under documentation . . . and you are
>> the documentation-meister.
>
> Any suggestion as to what should be there? I have no idea how much
> disk space is taken by a "default" install, as I tend not to do those.
>
> I could put a 3GB there, which seems to be a sound amount of disk
> space for that.

Like you, I haven't a clue. It's not something I would do on such a
minuscule "disk". :-o

The thread OP reports that TUV state 3 GB for the root partition. So
allowing for /boot & swap space, perhaps 5 GB is a better number. :-)

Perhaps others who are subscribed to this list have a "feel" for it?
Phil Schaffner, perhaps?

Please, whilst you are there, don't forget to correct the heading
"Recommend minimums" to be "Recommended minimums".  ;-)

Alan.