[CentOS-docs] wiki contribution

Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann ribalba at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 11:48:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:
> >> hey -- I did 'highlight' the hard term, after all ;)
> >>
> >> Axes -- pl. of axis -- a collection of vectors of classification.
> >>

> > Axes -- pl. of axe -- a tool used to chop (traditionally wood) into
> > smaller pieces.
> >
> > As a native English speaker, I assumed you were metaphorically going to
> > take an axe to the page and chop it up.
>
> Really? As a "native English speaker" myself, I *really* leaned
> towards the "vector" option when I first encountered this thread. ..

It's not really about that. I would think that there are more non
native Speakers on this list and they had to make an effort to learn
English and it is frankly rude to them to deliberately make their
lives hard. Why would you not write something that is easy to read and
understand. But this is a problem I have noticed in many groups (not
only IT) that some people who are not as fluent in English are seen as
"genetically less fit" by some "special" people.

Cheers Didi

--

My www page: www.ribalba.de
Email / Jabber: ribalba at gmail.com