[CentOS-docs] wiki contribution

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 12:21:41 UTC 2010

On 01/15/2010 03:32 AM, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Ned Slider wrote:
>
>> Again, I would reiterate Ralph's request for you to use plain English[1]
>> when communicating with this list, especially considering that it's a
>> documentation list.
>
> Shall I use crayons as well, to make the pictures easier for
> you?  Words of not more than two syllables?
>
> No -- I will not kowtow to the shallow end of the gene pool.
> Pick your fights elsewhere.

Not picking a fight Russ, just reiterating Ralph's concern that many
people have absolutely no idea what you are on about in many of your
postings (not just to this list). It's not about kowtowing to some
perceived lesser intelligence, but rather about getting your point
across in a clear and concise fashion, as you have clearly demonstrated
above you do have the ability to do. Wrapping your point in cleverly
constructed prose to the point where it gets lost in translation doesn't
really achieve anything.