[CentOS-docs] update HOWTO page for how to copy ssh pub keys

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Oct 7 18:04:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Alan Bartlett wrote:

> On 7 October 2010 22:37, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>>>  i asked for those rights once and was told i wasn't getting them.
>>> so i'm just posting suggestions.

>> ehh?  Where?  Not that I see, cruising this, but I may be
>> missing something

>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2010-September/thread.html

> I know my memory doesn't hold the exact details of everything I come
> across these days (as if it ever did) but I'm sure I would have some
> recollection of a (relatively unknown) person requesting global wiki

heh -- as Robert P. J. Day is [and was, and for a long time
has been at least reputationally ;) ] known to me for a long
time, we've spoken, etc I am quite sure I would have
remembered a flat turndown if I had seen it

But the issue is: global edit rights for a relative newcomer
(publicly) to CentOS who has not previously sought to be part
of this culture

and global edit rights is not going to happen 'out of the
gate' for reasons copiously talked about, blogged about, etc

-- Russ herrold