[CentOS-docs] but what if i don't care about centos 4?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Oct 9 06:52:51 EDT 2010

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010, JohnS wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 05:58 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> >   so while i'm more than happy to write/update docs, i won't be
> > spending any time whatsoever with centos 4.  so what does one do under
> > those circumstances?  again, this is a perfectly serious question.  i
> > know it's not fair to short-change centos 4 -- i just have no interest
> > in it.
> >
> > rday
> ---
> Perhaps it bit you or something or rubbed you the wrong way?
>
> Ohh, CentOS 4 is getting jealous already.  Where's the love?

  just to be clear, i have nothing whatsoever against centos 4.  but
being that i'm relatively new to centos compared to most of the folks
here, i've never used it.  and while it certainly deserves the love of
good documentation, it's simply a case of not enough hours in the day.

  i'm already working with fedora, ubuntu and, now, centos 5.  i just
don't have the time to install centos 4 and give it equal attention.
my current client is installing *new* systems -- there will be no
RHEL 4 whatever, so it would be a poor investment of my time to get
familiar with it.

  in any event, the question remains -- should all centos doc pages
give equally meticulous coverage to both centos 4 and 5?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca